Wednesday 17 July 2013

My Faith to Me - Re-write

is a sloppy kiss
on the smooth of my forehead
that I am all too quick
to wipe away;

is a strong hand
reaching out
to brush the dust from my skin
when I have sat too still;

is a licked finger
smearing
across my chin
to eliminate the dirt;

is a friendly voice
blasting through
the din of a mocking crowd
with truth;

is a trail of footprints
stretching ahead
deep troughs in the sand
like inverted stepping stones;

is the first bite of dinner
that fills my tank
and sends me out
to jump in the puddles;

is a letter
in permanent ink
folded in my pocket
until the creases crack;

is the warmth of fire
on frostbitten fingers
and lashes frozen
by tears;

is the spread of a map
leading
always in the right direction
rarely by the shortest route;

is the place
I rest

and take time 
to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment