Wednesday 10 July 2013

Another Day


Flo, would you please turn off that clock?
Thirteen years I’ve heard that crock.

Darling, I know, I’ll change it soon
It’s high time we had an updated tune.

Remember we’re leaving nine at the latest

I’ll fetch breakfast

- Flo, you’re the greatest!
Love, fill the kettle, the boiler is out
You should have given the plumbers a shout!

I know, I’m sorry, I’ve been slightly busy
Work’s been a drag, we’re all in a tizzy.

I really should give this beard a trim.
Is that a cornflake? Oh that’s grim.

Look at that toenail, it still looks infected
I’ll cover it up, at least it’s protected.

Flo are you ready? We need to leave quick!
We’ll get caught in traffic, by this time it’s thick.

Oh dear George, that tires still low.
One more trip won’t hurt it Flo.
And have you changed the front headlight?

Darling, it’s early, let’s not fight.

Oh, there’s Mrs What’s-her-name
Begging on the street again.
We should really buy her lunch.

Dear, we’re in a credit crunch.  

George, did you change your vest today?
I can still see the egg from yesterday.

Flo, let’s go abroad this year
You really should conquer that flying fear.

But I haven’t had a passport since ‘92
And you know I hate forms as much as you.

Bognor it is, at the same B&B

I heard they serve scones now for morning tea!
George what’s that noise? I don’t like that sound.
The tires gone flat, it’s sparking the ground!

Well that was a disaster from start to finish
I had no idea the air would diminish.

Oh George, I felt so very ashamed
It’s our neglect that should be blamed.
And now we’ve missed our day with mum

Oh what a shame! What an absolute bum!

George that’s enough, we owe her our gratitude
I really wish you’d change your attitude.

Well anyway, we’re home and thank goodness for that!

If home’s what you’d call a poky old flat.

Now Flo, please don’t moan, we’ll move in a while

We’ve said that for years, since I walked down the aisle!

Come on, dinner time, and I’ve bought us a treat
Just for you dear, a sweet for a sweet.

Oh George no! Your cholesterol’s high.

Silence woman and hand me that pie.
Bed time already, let’s hit the sack
Give that broken lock a whack

George, you really should shave your beard

Flo, get that toenail checked, it’s weird.

I’ll set the alarm, seven thirty ok?

Yes, now goodnight love, I’m too tired to pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment