Wednesday 31 October 2012

To all MA Creative Writers at Lincoln Uni - 

I had a go at Michael's book idea for creating poetry! I used Wuthering Heights. Here are 3 poems I came up with:



*
Up the garden causeway
the pervading spirit of neglect
twisted round her head.
He rose,
a born and bred gentleman
eager to greet.
He refused her hand and
shook her head instead,
thinking it best.


*
Hide your face.
Be off!
A stranger’s interest,
an object of amusement.
Trip merrily on!
My expectations are satisfied.


*
Impelled to see through my rudeness,
a respectable character
perceived decay,
black gaps and
creeping moss
woven into the heath
beneath a benign sky. 


No idea if they make sense or are any good but it was fun!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I particularly love the line "He refused her hand and shook her head instead"
    I'm going to have to try a couple of these and see how they turn out, yours are great, you chose a great book to try it out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! It was good fun lol xxx

    ReplyDelete